KSOM and KSWI are looking for a business development expert. Our experts teach clients how to market their businesses using the power of radio. We want to talk with you if you have the necessary skills to speak with clients directly and help them solve their marketing problems. Meredith Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Classification – Full Time Exempt
We are looking for business development experts to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. Responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, managing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets, identifying clients’ advertising needs and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs. These individuals are also held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts.
- Contact prospective customers to sell a variety of advertising products including radio and internet.
- Maintain account lists and solicit new business.
- Develop proposals utilizing MS office products.
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging promotional events.
- Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes.
The successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All employees are expected to bring a positive attitude to the work place. In addition, the right candidate must have:
- High school diploma; college preferred.
- Prior experience in sales/marketing is preferred.
- Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance
Please send your resume and letter of introduction to [email protected]
Or mail to:
Business Development Expert Search
Meredith Communications – KSOM/KSWI
413 Chestnut Street
Atlantic, IA 50022
Meredith Communications is an equal opportunity employer.