(Griswold) Griswold Girls Track coach, Andy Everett has the honor of being named Class 1A Track and Field Coach of the Year. The Iowa Association of Track Coaches annually presents awards for outstanding accomplishments in coaching and distinguished service for the sport of track and field. Coach Everett is in an exclusive club of coaches who have won 3 consecutive state Track and Field Team titles. He was also nominated for the National High School Track and Field Coach of the year and the National Brooks Coaching Award for his coaching expertise, exemplifying the highest standard of sportsmanship, and motivating and inspiring his athletes. Some of his accomplishments include:
• Head Track Coach for over 20 years
• His Athletes have broken 75% of the Griswold Schools track records
• State track team finishes of 5th (2009), 4th (2010), 1st (2011), 1st (2012), 1st (2013)
• Has had numerous State champion individual event and relay teams.
• Several state and Drake place winners in hurdle events
• Several District championships
Coach Everett is not just a track coach at Griswold CSD. He is closing in on 100 victories as the Head Football coach, he help start the WIC conference Weight Lifting competition in which he has had 3 individual champions and 2 team titles. He also teaches high school math besides his coaching duties.
“I can’t think of a more deserving person then Coach Everett”, adds HS Principal TJ Dunphy. “I see him with athletes early in the morning and late at night. He puts in many hours to see our kids become successful. The students have bought into his programs and in turn he has helped them win championships. That does a lot for school pride and spirit, especially in a school our size.”