(LENOX) A Lenox man died from injuries sustained in a burning accident Friday morning.
The Lenox Police Department says the Lenox/Taylor County Ambulance was dispatched to the 1000 block of Winchester Avenue in response to an accidental burn victim. Upon arrival, it was determined that 75-year-old James Wurster had been burning debris when fumes from a nearby 5 gallon gasoline can ignited, causing the gas can to explode, showering Wurster with flaming gasoline.
Wurster was transported to the Corning hospital by ambulance and then taken to the University Hospitals in Iowa City by medical helicopter. He passed away from injuries early Saturday morning.