(WIOTA) Fireman with the Wiota and Anita fire departments battled a machine shed fire at 58282 690th Street east of Wiota this morning.
Randy McElfish, Assistant Fire Chief for the Wiota Fire Department, said the call came in at around 8:12 this morning and when firefighters arrived on scene the machine shed was fully engulfed.
“The whole building is going to be a complete loss,” said McElfish. “We had some slight minor explosions inside, nothing real major. The main concern was he [the owner] had some Lp tanks inside and acetylene tanks, which never did go off for us, fortunately. We got everything under control. There was a little damage to the house, some siding melting from the heat, but mainly it was all confined to the main structure.”
McElfish said the owner stated that he had started a corn stove in the machine shed earlier in the morning and went inside the house. The owner heard an explosion and went outside to see the machine shed on fire.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE PICTURES