(Lewis) The Staff and Students at Lewis Elementary are back to class this afternoon after a foul odor caused an evacuation this morning. Griswold Superintendent Dana Kunze says,
“Students were out of the building for about 45 minutes. I really want to thank Black Hills Energy, they got a guy there really quickly, probably within a half an hour of our initial call. So it didn’t disrupt the day too long.”
A gas leak was originally suspected but it turned out to be a combination of a couple of other things.
“Some agricultural waste that was being spread and perhaps our drains in the boiler room being dried out so that the trap system didn’t work, so a combination of a couple different odors that were happening.”
Students returned to the school at around 10:45 this morning.